ATTENTION: An Important Notice to Our Clients - View Message
Spina CPA

UPDATE 7/24/20

Pennsylvania is currently in the green phase with Philadelphia in a modified green phase. Work setting and social restrictions are place during this time. Telework is encouraged, however, businesses with in person operations can operate at 75% occupancy, execpt for bars and restaurats. Restaurants are open to serve with outdoor seating.Personal Service businesses are open with limited capacity and by appopintment only. Everyone is required to wear a mask in businesses and public areas.

Per guidance, as of March 19th, Spina & Company PLLC, is open and operational as an essential business. Please continue to email and mail your tax documents and organizers. If you need to drop off tax documents and organizers please do so as we are here working at the office.

Spina & Company, PLLC- Tax and Accounting Clients

Please note that 7/15/20 tax deadline has passed and you should have filed or extended your return. Partnerships and S-Coporations on extension have until 9/15/20 to file thier return. Individuals and C-Corporations have until 10/15/20. Please provide your information as soon as possible so our firm can accomadate a timely filing. As a reminder if you are required, your first and second quarter estimates were due 7/15/20 and if not already done, please mail out your payments as soon as possible. We will continue to update our website: as new information is released. Please reach out to the following staff member of the accounting firm if you need further assistance.

Spina & Company, PLLC Property Management- Tenants

UPDATE 7/24/20

Although your monthly rent is still due on the first of every month, we acknowledge that our tenants may be experiencing difficult financial times amid the Covid-19 pandemic. As a remedy, we have decided to continue to waive all late fees and absorb costs for E Check ACH transfers of $1/check and Credit/Debit Card payments of 3% of total rent.

Additionally, if you need an alternate payment schedule please contact property managers, Joseph Bernstein at or Sameer Ahmed at as soon as possible. Please be advised that communication is still expected for any late payments of rent.

A Message From Joseph Bernstein, Property Manager

Should there be a fire- call 911 and then the office line. Should there be a flood that is life threatening - call 911 followed by the office. 

In regards to payment of rent, we will be emailing you the invoice for the month's rent and this will take you to a screen where you can either enter your banking information to pay by check or your credit card information.

The current situation is fluid for all of us. We are taking things day by day. We hope to be able to resume normal business operations and services as soon as we are allowed to.

CPA & Property Management Firm

2220 Fairmount Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19130

Monday - Friday:
9:00am - 05:00pm

What To Do When You Receive Tax Audits or Notices

After your tax return is prepared and if you receive a notice in the mail, we represent clients from pre-filing and administrative processes through audit and administrative appeal. We offer knowledgeable and skillful advocacy on behalf of the client in federal, state and local tax disputes.

Experienced Accountants to Assist You with Your Tax Audits and Notices

After reviewing any notices you received whether it be from the IRS, state or local agencies we can get a power of attorney to further assist you. With a power of attorney we can request and receive tax transcripts that can help assist us in resolving your tax notices.

Power of Attorney

Use Form 2848 to authorize an individual to represent you before the IRS. The individual you authorize must be a person eligible to practice before the IRS. Your authorization of a qualifying representative will also allow that individual to receive and inspect your confidential tax information.

Letter to the Taxing Agency with Supporting Documents and Tax Forms

After obtaining all the necessary information from the taxing agencies with the Power of Attorney and the taxpayer we will write a response to the taxing agency with all necessary documents and tax forms to resolve the tax notice

Some notices we have resolved in the past:

  • Partnership penalties
  • HSA distribution
  • Payroll tax
  • Credit denial
  • Unreported Income

Amended Returns (1040X) Federal and State

If applicable, an amended return can be an option. An amended return is a return filed in order to make corrections to a tax return from a previous year. An amended return can be used to correct errors and claim a more advantageous tax filing. For example, one might choose to file an amended return in instances of misreported earnings or tax credits.

Need Assistance with Your Tax Woes?

Are you under tax audit? Have you received a notice from the IRS? Spina CPA knows how to manage the process from start to finish.  We’ll work to make every step of the audit as painless and informative as possible. For more information please schedule an appointment or reach out to one of the members of our staff to assist you.